Aquatech Skin Care guarantees safe and secure online shopping 100%. To learn more check the following information:
Aquatech Skin Care takes customer credit card security issues seriously. Like most, we use 128 Bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption and a secure area to enter your information. Is it enough?
Many web servers offer a shopping cart and credit card processing ... but we asked questions:
- How established is this company offering this service ?
- Do they screen applicants wanting shopping carts for legitimate business practices ?
- Who handles the transaction and the companies involved ?
- Where are these credit card numbers stored ?
- How secure is their site from both internal and external access ?
- Where would this information go if they close their doors ?
Being consumers also, we have heard about stolen hard drives, firewall breaching, the selling of client information and sophisticated "spy" software. Aquatech has been on the web for over 10 years, only in December 2002 did we feel sure enough to offer on-line purchases.
Aquatech has chosen only established companies; market leaders, involved with banks and Fortune 500 companies. They are equally selective and membership required.
- Two year financial statements
- Personal Guarantees
- Banking Information
- Photographs of the facility and inventory
- Product lists and printed pages from the web site
- Return policies and disclaimers of hazardous goods
- Premises lease and insurance policies
- Resumes of the principal shareholders
- Security Deposits
- SSL (security) certificates
- Off site storage and limited credit card access
The companies involved:
Our server in Tampa, Florida
- Ecommerce Shopping Cart Software by Miva Merchant
- PayPal, our Credit Card processor
- Your Banking Institution
- Our Bank in Chicago
1) You look at products on our website.
2) Interested, you add items to your basket. In the past, websites typically applied the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificate, which enables encryption of sensitive information during the online transaction, and was applied at the "Login", "Create Account" and "Checkout" phases only. It was determined in those days that the Security Layer added extra overhead to the server, which caused the website to be slower, so on pages where sensitive information was not being entered, the Security Layer was not necessary. Computers have become more powerful and bandwidth has increased to the point where all pages can now be encrypted. As of July 2018 Aquatech's website is completely secure. The SSL Certificate is a unique credential identifying Aquatech Skin Care via our Certificate Authority, GeoTrust. Your browser checks whether it trusts the SSL Certificate, and the server sends a digitally signed acknowledgement to start an SSL encrypted session.
3) Now you have the option of connecting directly to PayPal, where you would Login to your PayPal account to perform the transaction.
4) Or you can input your customer billing and shipping information into an industry standard form and continue. In the background, product weights and sizes are transferred to FedEx, where the Shipping costs are calculated.
5) If everything is acceptable and you are ready to pay, continue to select the Credit Card you would like to pay with. Your encrypted information is transferred to our credit card processor, PayPal. It verifies your name, address, e-mail and shipping address. At the same time, it fires off your credit card data to your bank, then secures the amount for the total of your bill. Your Credit Card information is not retained by Aquatech Skin Care in any way. The authorization is returned and displayed on your computer screen, then sends both parties an e-mail confirmation of the order. This all done in the blink of an eye.
6) When the order is shipped, a tracking number is e-mailed by FedEx.
Authentic sites use SSL Web Server Certificates to offer secure communications by encrypting all data to and from the site.
Both Miva Inc. and Harris Bank checked and verified our company registration documents and the site's registered domain name and then installed a different digital security certificate in our server.
The following information from RapidSSL (GeoTrust Inc.) Certificate Authority is included in the SSL certificate that we issue:
Organization: Aquatech Skin Care
Current Status: Valid
Certificate Signature Algorithm: PKCS #1 SHA-256 With RSA Encryption
Valid From: Thursday February 1, 2018 8:00:00 PM
Valid Until: Wednesday April 3, 2019 8:00:00 PM