Aquatech Skin Care guarantees safe and secure online shopping, 100%. To learn more check the following information:
Aquatech Skin Care takes customer credit card security issues seriously. Like most, we use 128 Bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption and a secure area to enter your information. Is it enough?
Many web servers offer a shopping cart and credit card processing ... but we asked questions:
- How established is this company offering this service ?
- Do they screen applicants wanting shopping carts for legitimate business practices ?
- Who handles the transaction and the companies involved ?
- Where are these credit card numbers stored ?
- How secure is their site from both internal and external access ?
- Where would this information go if they close their doors ?
Being consumers also, we have heard about stolen hard drives, firewall breaching, the selling of client information and sophisticated "spy" software. Aquatech has been on the web for over 10 years, only in December 2002 did we feel sure enough to offer on-line purchases.
Aquatech has chosen only established companies; market leaders, involved with banks and Fortune 500 companies. They are equally selective and membership required.
- Two year financial statements
- Personal Guarantees
- Banking Information
- Photographs of the facility and inventory
- Product lists and printed pages from the web site
- Return policies and disclaimers of hazardous goods
- Premises lease and insurance policies
- Resumes of the principal shareholders
- Security Deposits
- SSL (security) certificates
- Off site storage and limited credit card access
The companies involved:
Our server in Tampa, Florida
- Shopping Cart Software by Ecommerce Templates
- Our Secure payment processor, Moneris Solutions
- Your Banking Institution
- Our Bank in Toronto
1) You look at products on our website.
2) Interested, you add items to your basket. In the past, websites typically applied the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificate, which enables encryption of sensitive information during the online transaction, and was applied at the "Login", "Create Account" and "Checkout" phases only. It was determined in those days that the Security Layer added extra overhead to the server, which caused the website to be slower, so on pages where sensitive information was not being entered, the Security Layer was not necessary. Computers have become more powerful and bandwidth has increased to the point where all pages can now be encrypted. As of July 2018 Aquatech's website is completely secure. The SSL Certificate is a unique credential identifying Aquatech Skin Care via our Certificate Authority, GeoTrust. Your browser checks whether it trusts the SSL Certificate, and the server sends a digitally signed acknowledgement to start an SSL encrypted session.
3) You input your customer information into an industry standard form and then submit. In the background, product weights and sizes are transferred to UPS, where the Shipping costs are calculated.
4) If everything is acceptable and you are ready to pay, clicking the Checkout button will take you to our Secure Payment Provider, Moneris Solutions. Here you will have the option of paying with a credit card, or directly from you bank account via Interac ® Online.
5) If you have chosen to pay via credit card, the process verifies your name, address, e-mail and shipping address. At the same time, it fires off your credit card data to your bank, then secures the amount for the total of your bill. Your Credit Card information is not retained by Aquatech Skin Care in any way. The authorization is returned and displayed on your computer screen, then sends both parties an e-mail confirmation of the order. This all done in the blink of an eye.
6) If you have chosen to pay via Interac ® Online, you will be transferred to Interac's website where you would login to web banking with your usual login ID and web banking password. Learn More.
7) When the order is complete, you will be returned to our website where you have the option to Print a copy of your order with all necessary information.
The Interac ® Online service is a new payment option that allows you to pay for goods and services on the Internet directly from your bank account. Learn More
® Trade-mark of Interac Inc. Used under licence.
Authentic sites use SSL Web Server Certificates to offer secure communications by encrypting all data to and from the site.
Both Miva Inc. and Harris Bank checked and verified our company registration documents and the site's registered domain name and then installed a different digital security certificate in our server.
The following information from RapidSSL (GeoTrust Inc.) Certificate Authority is included in the SSL certificate that we issue:
Organization: Aquatech Skin Care
Current Status: Valid
Certificate Signature Algorithm: PKCS #1 SHA-256 With RSA Encryption
Valid From: Thursday February 1, 2018 8:00:00 PM
Valid Until: Wednesday April 3, 2019 8:00:00 PM